Skip to main content

New Years 2013



 
Yes.... this is the extent of our New Years celebration this year. Mom, Dad, Heather and Jeff  joined Mike and I for our traditional New Years Eve Chinese dinner. We usually go out to our favorite hibachi restaurant, but this year we opted to stay in and order delivery. It looked like a small buffet, we ordered way to much food but it made for great leftovers. We all read our fortunes for the upcoming year, except me... we were one cookie short and I chose to forgo my fortune.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons From the Road

1) My husband is an expert at eating sunflower seeds. Almost squirrel like he stored a hand full of seeds in his cheek, cracked, chewed and spit the shells into an empty Krystal box for hours at a time. After knowing this man for eight years I never knew he had this talent. He attempted to explain the seed eating process to me, but I'm just not that  coordinated. Along with lobster, shrimp and other nuts I just don't see the point of all of the effort it takes to get to a piece of meat or a nut so small. His lovely "spit box" 2) Hotel hair dryers are not normal. No matter where you are. Even at the nicest hotels they still manage to frizz and fry. Don't get me wrong I never leave home without my own personal hairdryer but for some reason I always want to try that cute little convenient one mounted to the wall. (Hotel Dryer) (My Dryer) 3) Never trust a seagull. These birds are mean and they will poop on you. Just lying on the...

My Forever Child

I received my beautiful custom charm necklace in the mail today from My Forever Child .  My necklace was made with Madison's actual footprints which were laser etched from the scan below. I am so thrilled with the way it turned out. This brought a smile to my day! Madison's Footprints I smile every time I look at the second toe on the right foot... it is exactly like Mikes! This beautiful poem was also included with the charm...  

An Angel Above

My sweet sister-in-law shared a beautiful letter with me that she wrote to Madison. I know the words came right from her heart. I cannot express how much it means to me that our beautiful baby touched her life in the way that it did and I am so thankful to have her in my life She wanted to post it to her blog with my permission, which of course I gave. Here's a link to her post dedicated to Madison, Mike and I: An Angel Above